Sunday, February 10, 2008

The plan: March 22-23 gathering

So I've done a bit of due diligence.

The reason is we're organizing a gathering in Rainbow, CA (about 8 mi. east of Fallbrook, I think) where we will build a willow structure,
eat wild plants, make our own cordage, camp!, and do other good things.

We'll do this March 22-23.

We'd like those who want to help organize this (publicity, logistics, what else?) to contact

[stuff cut 2015-02-17]


I've been trying to say no more. Here's what I would not say: I am aware how unurban, undiverse, and car-trip generating this may end up being. It may not address any fundamental injustice. But I think we need it--it is about building the kind of creative, caring, earth-aware group that so many people in San Diego wish we had down here--that we envy (sort of) places such as Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Portland, Seattle, and so on, for having. I may have a [some feeling of lack] about never really connecting with the activist community down here that is behind activistsandiego, noborderscamp, sdindymedia, and so on. That's all.

1 comment:

A Feral Grin said...

Sounds interesting; It would be good to have more of this type of view/activities in San Diego.